Friday, March 26, 2010

so...we moved...

...to Missouri :)  It's where my husband's family is at and his father isn't in the best of health anymore so we wanted to come out here to help out as much as we can.  I am officially an aunt again...my sister in law had her baby this morning at 4:28am...a little girl weighing in at 7lbs 3ozs and she was 20 inches long.  She is precious.  I am feeling a little homesick today and missing my father because I got to watch my husband's father holding this little bundle of joy (who has her grandpa wrapped around her little finger already) and all I could think about is that is what my dad would be like if he had been able to hold Ron or any of his grandchildren.  It always amazes me how small things like that can bring my dad to mind in a heartbeat.  I miss him so much.  I miss my mom too as we moved away from her to come here.  But I still think I did the right thing.  I only wish it wasn't so hard for me to find a job.  I really don't want to go back into retail or fast food but it is looking like those are the only places that will be interested in hiring me anytime soon.  My husband pretty much got a job offer at a security company...he just has to wait for his background check to come in and then they will let him know the details.  He also has a physical scheduled with the department of corrections on April 7th to be a corrections officer.  I really wanted to get a state job as a secretary and I tested good but I have had no job offers so evidentally it wasn't good enough.  It makes me wonder what I can do to please people anymore.  Oh well, mebbe things will start looking up soon.  One can only hope right??

My son is a little bundle of energy now, he walks all over the place and constantly chatters to himself.  If only we could bottle a child's energy it would be great....use it whenever we want...lol.  OK that's it for now...ttyl!!

No comments: