Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My son is 1 year old...

In a sense I feel proud that he has made it this far with me as his mother...lol.  When I was pregnant with him I sure had my doubts.  But he is still my pride and joy...and I love him to pieces. 

Recently here in Fayetteville a little 5 year old girl went missing last Tuesday...the circumstances were very shady.  Well, they have found the little girl....dead..yesterday.  I feel for that little girl, no one should have to go through what she did.  The news is that her mom is charged with human trafficking and prostituting her child out.  No child deserves that...NOT ONE.  It makes me wonder what the mother was thinking to do that stuff to her child.  The story is the child just came to live with her mother 3 weeks before she went missing.  Shaniya ( the little girl) was the product of a one night stand.  Her father had kept her up until then but he decided to take a chance and let her go stay with her mother because her mother showed promise that she was changing and was really interested in getting to know her little girl.  Oh, if he only knew what the mother had planned.  A lot of people judge him for letting the girl go...but I don't see it as his fault.  He decided to take a chance and give the mother a chance to get to know her daughter...it just didn't turn out good at all.  The guilt he must feel.  I pray for him because I could only imagine what he is going through.  To put myself in his shoes...if something were to happen to Ron I don't think I would be able to go on.  At least now she is with the angels in heaven and she won't have to deal with this mess anymore..  I pray the people who are truly responsible for this heinous crime are tried and convicted with the proper punishment.  Shaniya Nicole Davis will remain in many people's memories forever.  Even those (such as I) who did not know her are seriously rocked by this news.  The fact that there is a human trafficking ring here in NC rocks our world alone but the fact that this young innocent died because of it...it's unthinkable but sadly true.

I cried last night because of this poor girl and her story.  My husband, being the man that he is, mistakenly thought I was crying because I somehow thought I could have done something to prevent it or that I somehow thought it was my fault.  But that was not it.  I cried for the lost innocence, the loss of her life.  Who knows what little Shaniya would have grown up to be?  She could have been the one that finally came up with the cure for cancer or various other diseases.  So I guess this message is just to vent my feelings about this story....but to also encourage all other parents out there to sit back and review their lives with their children.  Are you really doing all you can for them??  Take good care of them...for you never know what could happen. 

If you want to read the story about this little girl.. Click Here  and...  here

No comments: